Monday, August 26, 2013

Music Monday: Lana Del Rey.

Lana Del Rey: Ride. 


Recently I've been incredibly moved by Lana Del Rey's music. After all the hype had finally passed, I was able to really immerse myself into her music & lyrics. Ride has to be one of my all time favorite songs & music videos. I can't even explain how much I feel I can relate to the tune. I dream of one day living on the road. I look at travel as the ultimate freedom.  





"I was always an unusual girl, my mother told me that I had a chameleon
soul. No moral compass pointing me due north, no fixed personality. Just an
inner indecisiveness that was as wide and unwavering as the ocean. And if I
said that I didn't plan for it to turn out this way I’d be lying- because I
was born to be the other woman. I belonged to no one- who belonged to
everyone, who had nothing- who wanted everything with a fire for every
experience and an obsession for freedom that terrified me to the point that
I couldn't even talk about- and pushed me to a nomadic point of madness
that both dazzled and dizzied me."




And finally, my favorite screenshot from the music video. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails