Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Music Week: Day 2.

The Shins: New Slang.

"Dawn breaks like a bull through the hall,
Never should have called
But my head's to the wall and I'm lonely."


New Slang is just one of those classic songs. I discovered it like most, from the Garden State soundtrack. In my opinion, it's the greatest movie soundtrack in existence. Natalie Portman was right in the movie, this song will change your life. Listening to the song makes you feel happy yet there is a slight melancholy that comes over you. No matter what i love this song and it will always be one of my favorites.


The below lyrics are my favorite from the song. 

"Im looking in on the good life i might be doomed never to find.
Without a trust or flaming fields am i too dumb to refine?
And if you'd 'a took to me like
Well i'd a danced like the queen of the eyesores
And the rest of our lives would 'a fared well."


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails