Thursday, September 16, 2010

Getting Sacked.

Jeremy Scott Spring 2011 collection.




The statement that this collection is making is so powerful. Maybe im over thinking it but this collection is more than just clothing to me. I think it is saying that we are basically selling ourselves. Not in necessarily in a sexual way. We sell ourselves short and don't value ourselves enough. We are walked over and completely left in the dust. I don't think enough people respect themselves or their bodies. Whether we are stuck in a job that we hate because we don't think we can get a better job or we settle in a relationship...we just don't give ourselves enough credit. Stop settling and have more self worth.

Yes, im probably over thinking it but its refreshing for me to see a collection that sparks thoughts in my mind rather than just looking at a pretty collection.





























What do you think of the collection?


Photos: VogueUK.

3 comments:

Puck Litaay said...

The collection is great, I love the shapes and patterns. I have my toughts about the men though, maybe a bit to sm for me? ;P


Puck
http://oneofpoints.blogspot.com

Sidewalk Chalk said...

This was a very interesting collection -- I love your take on it and the implied message. I am a big fan of the coral/white dresses though.

Dane said...

I love it! The color palette is perfect.





www.trustme-itsparadise.blogspot.com
www.renegadelovers.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails