Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Your senses will never be the same.

Ok, so this might be quite odd but The Who's Tommy is a symbol of my childhood. I remember watching this movie over and over again. I loved everything about it and i still do. This weekend i found a Tommy vinyl record at my local flea market and it all came back to me. You don't necessarily think of Tommy as a childhood movie but for some reason i was attracted to the movie at a really young age. If you knew me, you wouldn't be surprised that its one of my favorite movies.
Sally Simpson is a symbol of my childhood. It is my favorite scene from the movie and my favorite Who song. I think naturally when your a little girl, your favorite character in a movie is the person closest to your age. She's a little girl infatuated with a rockstar. Sally lives for celebrity which is something i can identify with. I pretty much have a pop culture rolodex in my head.
Watch the video below to see the "Sally Simpson" scene from Tommy. If you haven't seen the movie you need to see it as soon as possible. Its amazing and incredibly inspiring. Be aware that the scene below is taken directly from the film. Its not a song played over a movie scene, its the original scene. So basically your not supposed to be able to hear what the actors are saying.







The trailer below will give you a feeling for what The Who's Tommy is about. The character Tommy, played by The Who's Roger Daltry is born deaf, "dumb", and blind. You will recognize quite a few of the characters. Ann Margaret plays Tommy's crazy alcoholic mother, Elton John plays the pinball wizard, and Tina Turner, Jack Nicholson, and Eric Clapton all make cameos. Tommy is an epic rock opera that will definitely impact your life and imagination.


Photos: coolcherrycream.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

I love Sally Simpson! She was soo cute :D

-Gayle
www.gayleisvolatile.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails