Wednesday, July 7, 2010

True idol: Kurt Cobain.


Although i was only 4 when Kurt Cobain passed, ive never really known life without knowing who Kurt Cobain and Nirvana are. Growing up with my father working in the music industry, i was exposed to music every day. I have fond memories of seeing The Stones with my Dad, listening to Three Dog Night in the car, roaming around backstage at my Dad's shows when i was under the age of 10, and watching Grease for the first time. But my first music memories have to involve Nirvana along with the band my Dad managed, Grey Daze. Although i don't remember this exact day, my Dad told me that i cried when i heard that Kurt Cobain died. A 4 year old crying about the passing of Kurt Cobain isn't necessarily normal but i didnt really grow up in a normal manner. My fish had just died and i was told that my fish was up there with Kurt Cobain.
Its one of those things that i don't really talk about because it feels really personal. Something that i don't talk about because i honestly feel weird when i speak my thoughts on this subject. All i can say is that i've always felt connected in a manner and he's always been a big influence. Nirvana's music will continue to be iconic, along with the good and bad that is Kurt Cobain.


"Be very careful if you make a woman cry because GOD counts her tears. Every tear a woman shed is equivalent to man’s sacrifices in life. The woman came from a man’s rib, not on his feet to be stepped on; not on his head to be superior, but on his side to be equal. Under hisarms to be protected & near to his heart to be loved."

— Kurt Cobain









"If you die you’re completely happy and your soul somewhere lives on. I’m not afraid of dying. Total peace after death, becoming someone else is the best hope I’ve got."

— Kurt Cobain





P.S. I want to say thank you to my Mom and Dad for exposing me to such great music while growing up. Without music i don't really know what type of person i would be. So far every memory of my life has a song that goes with it. My life is pretty much music and fashion. So what if i live in what most people would call a dream world or with my head in the clouds. I like not being normal.
Thanks Mom and Dad.

Photos: Various/ unknown.

6 comments:

Victoria Whincup said...

Great post, thanks for sharing.....Just had a wave of nostalgia whilst eating my morning bagel with marmite.

gorgeousclara said...

beautifulllll post

You are so lucky your dad worked in the music business and that your were exposed to great music, you don´t know how much I envy you right now...

Marika said...

Thank you so much for comment darling! That means so much to me!

There is so much time after his death but he is still in our hearts! That is a real life after death

Don't forget to check my new posts!!
Marika
and check out my new project - Story of my Clothes

Grace said...

What a legend. Great tribute.

Love Grace.

lucinda said...

I didn't get into Nirvana until after the band had finished but I have so many memories of their music throughout high school that I can't help but feel grateful that they did exist... if even only for a handful of years. Thank you for sharing your experience x

fashionable palette said...

He is my one and only as well. Lovely post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails