Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Most idolize: Edie Sedgwick.

When people ask the question "If you could meet one person, living or dead, who would it be", my answer is always Edie Sedgwick. Edie Sedgwick has been my idol for quite some time and she is my biggest form of inspiration. Her life has been full of defeat, major highs, major lows, and an extreme that she couldn't handle. She had a horrible childhood and her short life was all about escaping that. She is probably most known for her style. Her style was ground breaking and, in my opinion, before her time. Alot of people don't understand that all of this incredible style was her trying to hide her troubles. Edie Sedgwick is incredibly fascination and i suggest that you learn all you can about her.
If you would like to learn more about Edie i would suggest listening to the Ciao! Manhattan Tapes on youtube since they are narrated by her and reading Edie: An American Girl. Factory Girl is a great movie but i suggest to watch that a little later in your research. It lacks some of the less obvious details about Edie Sedgwick and her past.








Do you have any questions about Edie?

Photos: fuckyeahediesedgwick, unknown.

13 comments:

Anastasia and Duck said...

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog! I watched Factory Girl, but somehow I don't really feel like I know very much about Edie. Maybe I should do more research...

xx
Duck

-laura. said...

i love edie, she is my favourite
loves x

Star-Light said...

amazing post..love her <3

Mamushka Marie said...

adore edie...what a beaut!

Lizz said...

I don't know a lot about her, I will research! sounds very interesting.

Madeleine George said...

I have a certain kind of love for Edie. And I too, have always wanted to meet her - although it's impossible.

I actually got a little sad knowing that I could never speak to her, or meet her, it sounds really pathetic written down, but yeah.

I don't like it when people compare Paris Hilton to Edie, yes Edie was a socialite, but Paris Hilton is trashy, and not in the same league as Edie!

The Ciao! Manhatten tapes are kind of heart breaking. I don't think it has been proven that she was raped/abused by her father though? xxxxx

Little Miss said...

Thanks so much for your comment :)
Edie is indeed an interesting character, I admire her style very much. Would have loved to have met her!

Madeleine George said...

I just recieved an email saying you dissaproved my post.
Why?

Lady M said...

Beautiful photos!

Diana said...

she is so stunning. amazing post for her :)


visit/follow me

http://dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/

Luxi said...

I have thousands of questions I'd love to ask Edie, I'd love to sit down with her, and play dress up and just watch her.
I just finished a painting of her, I'll post it on my blog tomorrow for you to see :)

Edie forever <333

LuvLux
xxx

starcakeastrology.blogspot.com said...

she's even prettier in real life than sienna miller was in that movie

jolaa said...

Next to Marilyn Monroe she's the second person I would wanna meet. She's gorgeous and amazing.

xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails