Monday, June 28, 2010

Charlie the wanted.

John Galliono Menswear Spring 2011

John Galliano has once again created a fresh and creative collection. You would think that a flamboyant designer would get monotonous over time but each collection he does seems to be different then the last. The spring 2011 menswear collection reminds me of a psycho Charlie Chaplin. Like he had a murderer inside of him just waiting to come out. You have the "i just murdered someone" stage, then the jail stage, followed by the escape stage, then the "im going to reinvent myself so im not recognized" stage, the vacation stage, then the black tie event stage (if you go down the runway photos you will understand what im talking about). Yes, it sounds strange but thats honestly how i see this collection. Its odd, quirky, dark, and creative. Everything that i love about a menswear collection.





















How do you feel about androgyny? I don't think it has anything to do with a man acting more feminine or a woman acting more masculine, it has to do with the outside look. You can wear makeup and still be the most masculine guy around.

Photos: NYMag.

5 comments:

rk hall said...

Very cool! I think androgyny is beautiful!

xx rk

StudioSwag.blogspot.com

Lizz said...

You're completely right! It looks just like a psycho charlie chaplin!

Michelle Elaine said...

Is it weird that I want these looks? Hmmmm maybe I ought to try channeling mr. chaplin

I saw that you commented on Susie's (from Style Bubble) Anything But Black post where she featured several ASOS pieces (specifically an embellished shoulder) and I thought you might be intersted in a DIY 3D Floral that I did:

http://www.fvncy.com/2010/06/painting-roses.html

KeepItFvncy,
M.E.

Fashion Cappuccino said...

So cool!! I love watching John's shows..especially when he strutted down the runway when the show's over is my favorite! xxooxxoo

Mode Coco said...

Agree. It makes a stand:)And i Love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails