Friday, May 28, 2010

All torn up.

Gareth Pugh dress making process

I came upon these videos a few days ago through Silent Doe and i am incredibly inspired. Being a designer myself, i love to see other designers creative process. It makes me rethink how i make garments. I go through the "how do i think outside the box" stage. Plus i love the music playing in the back of the first video. Now i just want to know how Gareth Pugh originally came up with his process for slashing the fabric.



Are any of the SomedayNewYorker readers artists? What is your design process and how do you get inspired?

P.S. Im, SomedayNewYorker, is having a Memorial Day weekend sale Friday through Monday. 25% off everything in the store. Plus when you buy 2 or more items you get free shipping to anywhere in the world.

3 comments:

Star-Light said...

Great Post!

Lizz said...

Hi! I like to consider myself an artist, and I get inspired by the most random things. A lot of the time, I'll go on walks and to museums and search for inspiration all day and be frustrated when I come up with nothing. But then the next day a slideshow of awesome clothes will just pop through my head! ha I know it sounds crazy, but inspiration comes to me really randomly and a lot of the time I don't have a sketchbook with me. I've literally drawn figures on the back of tests at school. When I don't know how to do a math problem I suddenly know exactly how to make a great dress. It's crazy, I don't know if that helps you at all. love the blog!! xx (sorry longest comment ever)

Caleb Poling said...

He has to be one of my favorite designers. Love these videos, fantastic post. He puts just as much work into his menswear as he does with his womenswear.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails