Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The girl inside the glam

Elle: Lady Gaga January Issue.





On bodily reactions to stress: “I get all the symptoms of a pregnant woman. I get headaches, I get tired, I get blurred vision sometimes during a really intense session with [her creative team] the Haus.”

On a recurring theme in her work: “I feel that if I can show my demise artistically to the public, I can somehow cure my own legend. I can show you so you’re not looking for it. I’m dying for you on domestic television—here’s what it looks like, so no one has to wonder.”

On being a former waitress: “I was really good at it. I always got big tips. I always wore heels to work! I told everybody stories, and for customers on dates, I kept it romantic. It’s kind of like performing.”

On using her sexuality: “My album covers are not sexual at all, which was an issue at my record label. I fought for months, and I cried at meetings. They didn’t think the photos were commercial enough…The last thing a young woman needs is another picture of a sexy pop star writhing in sand, covered in grease, touching herself.”

On her romantic future: “In eight to 10 years, I want to have babies for my Dad to hold, grandkids. And I want to have a husband who loves and supports me, just the way anyone else does. I would never leave my career for a man right now, and I would never follow a man around.”


What do you guys think of Gaga's cover and interview? Do you like getting insights into who she really is?

Also don't forget to enter to win a pair of Ugg Boots HERE.

Pictures: Elle, GagaDaily.

23 comments:

Mimi said...

I am so overly excited for this issue. Lady Gaga is such an inspiration because she doesn't try to conform to the "pop star" mold and likes being different and bold. Thanks for posting this!

pink horrorshow said...

Although I like what the tattoo on her bicep, it's SO distracting in most of the photos she takes now. It's a bit overwhelming for her frame.

VersaStyle said...

so excited about this.. i love how outside of the box she is and doesn't care. that's style.

SO. said...

i know a lot of people who dont really understand or like lady gaga but i love her. despite that her main goal is to be "famous" or whatnot. her creativity isnt lessened for a second. love her.

MJ said...

She does look pretty awesome, doesn't she? I love the leather cutout ...thing, it's exactly the sort of thing I would wear if I was a millionaire!

http://dreamingspiresandoldcartyres.blogspot.com

Sin said...

Great pictures, she looks fab! ps. Why not open your comments for ppl to post using URL/Name. You can get more comment interaction that way?

Sinta http://www.knittering.com

Graham I. Haynes said...

Great post. We can't get enough of this lady, and she seems comfortable catering to our fascination!

♥ from suckmysavvy.com

une parisienne trés trés chic said...

These photos Lady Gaga's are magnificent

Taryn Andre said...

Gaga grows on me more and more. I wont deny it. She is Fashion.

Delilah Winter Wolf said...

i like the cover :) and yes, i'd definately like to learn more about her because i think nomatter how much she talks about herself, she'll always be unpredictable!

daisychain said...

Oooh, she looks gorgeous in these photos

verseastyle said...

I love her style - she looks GOOD in these pics!

TIFFANY thegirlwithafeather said...

She looks a lot better here than usual! Not so over-the-top!

E said...

SO excited to receive this issue!!!

Celia said...

she looks stunning, i don't always like what she does but i have to admit, she has guts and i love her for it!
-celia

dotie said...

she looks fabulous!!
a definite icon for sure..;)

Sandra said...

you gotta love her! fabulous!

enter to win my giveaway!
box-of-style

Ganymede Girl said...

I like Gaga, she is a really interesting character. I wonder what her real personality is like and what it's like to actually know her; how she is when she REALLY opens up to someone. It doesn't bother me that she is always "on" and performing, but I am quite curious about what she is like when she allows herself to be vulnerable, maybe we will never know?

lächelndes Mädchen said...

The pictures are beautiful...

Carina said...

Lady Gaga is Elle, eh? *runs to the store to buy a cop*

I went to her concert last Sunday, and it was amazing!!! This post is most appropriate!

Also, thanks for visiting my blog!

le_gamine said...

First and foremost, the shoot is great, as are all the shoots she is involved with as far as Im concerned!

But more importantly, she just blows me away with how wise and mature she is in interviews! She is a great performer and an inspiration! I love her!

Thanks for the post!
Kobi xx

Check out my blog if you have some spare time too : )
youwantthelowdown.blogspot.com

Van said...

I love her!

livesinheels said...

can't wait to pick this up! i am in love with gaga right now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails