Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Fair is Fair

The Legend of Billy Jean
So over this past holiday weekend i saw, what i am now calling, one of the best movies/ the best movie of the 80's. The plot line is inspiring and it makes me feel proud to be a woman. Also, i love the clothing. The shapes of the pants/shorts are all incredible.
All i can tell you about the film is that it stars Helen Slater and Christian Slater as brother and sister (they are not related in real life). The two get into some trouble and even though they are not at fault they have to run from the law. The Legend of Billie Jean is all about getting what you deserve and not being pushed around. As the great Billie Jean says in her thick southern accent "fair is fair".













Have you ever seen this film? If so what did you think of it? Also, whats your favorite 80's movie?

Also can you please vote for me to cover the G-Star show at NYFW.
Just click here to vote for me. You can vote once a day. All you have to do is enter your
email and confirm the vote. It takes literally less than 1 minute. You can even give me your
email if you want and ill use it to vote everyday, then all you would have to do is confirm
the vote. Please vote, it would mean the world to me. You guys would get to see all the ins
and outs of the G-Star fashion show on SomedayNewYorker. Exclusive access.

Pictures: Bunnweb

24 comments:

Miss Alissa said...

i know right?! last time i re-watched this i wanted to immediately makeover my wardrobe and start a billy jean gang... but then i remembered i spend almost all my time in an office by myself at work and it would just be too silly... totally fun movie- was just thinking it was time to watch again.

Jeremy and Kathleen said...

I LOVE this movie. I'm adding it to my Netflix queue right now.

Other 80s faves: The Lost Boys, The Goonies, Beetlejuice, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome and Mask: The Rocky Dennis Story.

Eleanor said...

I love that movie!

I watched Mannequin the other day and salivated over the clothes...
God, I adore the 80's!

Miss Alissa said...

also good news- you can watch the legend of billie jean instantly on netflix! http://www.netflix.com/Movie/The_Legend_of_Billie_Jean/70120200?strackid=362a21c9e56fab15_0_srl&strkid=126486410_0_0&trkid=222336

Cindy said...

i've never seen this, i need to rent it.

my fav. 80's movie is desperately seeking susan. it's almost my fav. movie ever but run lola run just beats it. still i can never get enough of roberts/susan and dez. also what a greta movie wardrobe.

Melanie M said...

I LOVE THAT MOVIE! & I totally thought they were related in real life. :(

Viva La Fashion said...

oh, the eighties. love it. :D

Friend in Fashion said...

I'm yet to see this one - I'll pick it up over the New Year break and check it out! :)

You've got my vote sweetie - good luck! :)

www.friendinfashion.blogspot.com
x

Ashley said...

Haven't seen it but I'm not intrigued! Some of the wardrobe looks kind of awesome.

http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

Yuka said...

oo i havent seen this one. but i want to now! my fav 80s movie is always pretty in pink :)

Moda Citadina said...

Yes, they are I found them in Sara's grandama jewellery box and decided to wear them ! Thanks for commenting our blog ;) ! We're following you !
Kiss,
Madalena and Sara
www.modacitadina.blogspot.com

Cola├žo said...

hey thanks for the lovely comment!! great post girl ;D

Jen said...

ahh, i have to check this movie out. adding it to my must see list :)
and i voted for you. good luck!

Leia said...

Haven't seen this movie but it looks good! :)

fadetoblack said...

love this post :)
answer to your question... they are a mix of everything and about 50% are H&M... gotta love em :)++

studdedLilly said...

happy new year! hope you had a good one :)

MissNeira said...

She is so gorgeous!
and I will vote for you!

Walk The Sand said...

Whoah. I've never seen this. Going to now...

x

http://walkthesand.blogspot.com

kirstyb said...

i actually dont think i have seen it x

Mademoiselle Frou-Frou said...

i have never seen that film...i think i was too young when it came out. but you are right, it is certainly high 80s fashion!! ;-)
xox

Erica Leigh said...

never heard of it, but the title alone makes me want to watch it haha.

favorite 80s movie? hmm...i'm a sucker for john hughes movies. oh! wait! there was this one called 'teen witch' that i watched on disney a long time ago. totally cheesy, but that's what made it so amazing.

♥ erica
sweetsandhearts.blogspot.com

monstablogga said...

Ugh could it get any better than this?! I don't think so.
80statstic! Great post! http://www.bloggamonsta.blogspot.com/

EBoogie said...

never saw it, but the pics looks TOTALLY TUBULAR! gonna add it to my netflix queue tonight :) and will be voting for you to to cover the show! thanks for your comment!

Zinta and Sylvia said...

oh my gosh i have to watch this!
xx Sylvia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails