Monday, November 23, 2009

Trompe l'oel

Rosalind Keep for Oasis

Sorry for the lack of blog posts this last week. I was had a sudden trip to Phoenix. I drove there with my Dad from Tulsa and then spent a few days with him. I saw Paranormal Activity again cause i wanted my Dad to see it and let me tell you something, still as scary as the first time i saw it. Anyways, so this week i discovered the most incredible and gorgeous basic pieces. Yes, all of the images that your are seeing are all tank tops or sweaters. Read the below article below to learn more about the collection that will be available on www.oasis-stores.com on December 7th.





Article from VogueUK

The latest Designer Collective offering from Oasis launches this week with a collection featuring one of the season’s most interesting and amusing trends: trompe l’oeil, as seen on the autumn/winter 2009-10 catwalks of Comme des Garcons, Stella McCartney, and Viktor & Rolf.

The collection, designed by London College of Fashion undergraduate Rosalind Keep, features oversized T-shirts and racerback vests with dresses jackets and coats drawn on top of the garment, literally “tricking the eye”.

Following the release of the Trompe L’Oeil collection, Book of Charms - by textile designer Vanessa Harrington, will launch in January. Paper Dolls follows in February, designed by a trio of designers from different universities: Jenny Neill from Edinburgh College of Art; Claire McInally from Heriot Watt School of Textiles and Design; and Anna O’Neill from West Wales School of the Arts.

The collection, designed to support emerging talent from British universities, launches on Monday in Oasis stores nationwide






Are you guys in love with these garments, think they are overdone, juvenile, or a perfect idea for being comfortable in what looks to be a cocktail dress? Do you guys like the price point being at 35-50 pounds?

I personally love them. I think they will allow you to go out to a party in a tank top and heels. You can be comfortable but look extremely fashionable too. I would love to take the creme colored tank top that looks like a party dress and tuck it into a pair of skinny jeans.

Pictures: facebook.

17 comments:

Ljubica said...

these are some pretty fabulous pieces.. thanks for sharing!

Annie said...

Oh my god, these are insanely cool... I would kill for one of the corset-printed dresses!

guccilily said...

wowwee love this look! + i love your header of EDIE ( i adore her )
!!!

guccilily.blogspot.com

Lindsey said...

Wow those are really neat + whimsical. Haha I would totally wear all of that.

Django et Coco said...

Oh! These are great! I think they are my favorite trompe l'oeil clothing piece I have seen so far!

Thank you for sharing!

-Coco

ourpapermoon.blogspot.com

Marcia B. said...

This is the best freakin post ever, i love this trompe l'oeil concept, i want it all, especially the nude pink dress, oh gawsh, i can't wait till it comes out, i want to get my hands one...you knpw what would be cool?! To make a diy version of it..ahhh, i will put my sharpie to use ahahha.

Natalie said...

ohh the corset dress is amazing, you got me hooked in when you mentioned the price! i'm absolutely penciling this in my diary, i hope they ship international!

agatiszka said...

Dresses are great!!

MIA said...

today I saw one of these in the downtown of Lisbon. lovely

(the bunny ears are so cute..)

Niviarsiaq said...

I can't wait til these get online!! I would be the first to buy one! That cream 'dress' is just screaming for me!! :)

mara said...

wow what amazing collection!!

Kim said...

I lóve them. I think this kind of designing really is what fashion should all about - originality, creativity, and humour. I simply adore these!

M. said...

so weird! I have all these pictures saved to do a post! I'm going to direct my bloggers to yours as well when i do mine!!

http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

Fashion Wh0re said...

i Love it..

Micaela said...

love love love love!

i want to wear each piece. can i have some bittersweets jewelry to go along?

FABULOUS, me thinks :)

pink horrorshow said...

I saw the first image on another blog and fell in love with that dress. Unfortunately the website is down right now? Hope they get it back up!

Christina said...

those are all adorable!!
thanks for the nice comment :)

hauteandfauxie.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails